We're Committed to Sustainability
We take our responsibilities to the environment and future generations very seriously which is why we purchase our seafood from Kailis Brothers.
They are committed to promoting sustainable, environmentally-friendly and ecologically-sound practices, aiming to operate to the world's best practice in environmental protection and harm minimisation.
This is achieved by adherence to the following processes:
- Minimise the risk of on-site and off-site contamination through appropriate storage, treatment and handling of chemicals and wastes
- Ensure and maintain efficient management of power and water facilities
- Minimise volumes and types of waste generated through ongoing recycling processes (fish waste, packaging – both cardboard and plastic)
- Minimise the use of chemicals through alternative sanitisation practices (through the use of enzymes)
- Package goods so as to minimize the long term impact of their supply
- Only utilize equipment and systems that comply with Australian and Internationally recognised environmental standards
- Procure goods from environmentally managed supply sources